The Royal Society of Edinburgh (RSE)’s Post-Covid-19 Futures Commission was established to support Scotland in emerging as positively as it can from the Covid-19 pandemic.
Its aim was to support a better future for Scotland and to build a fairer and more resilient society, through addressing immediate challenges and longer-term policy and practice questions. It was also an opportunity to learn important lessons about our current processes and institutions that are informed by evidence, expertise and public dialogue.
Through taking advice and listening to the expertise of RSE Fellows and other contributors including those with lived experience over the last 18 months, the RSE is now ready to announce its findings. We would be delighted if you could join us.
- Professor Dame Anne Glover FRSE, former RSE President and Chair of the RSE’s Post-Covid-19 Futures Commission
- Dr Rebekah Widdowfield, Chief Executive, RSE
- James Naughtie FRSE, Commissioner for the Public Debate & Participation Working Group
- Talat Yaqoob FRSE, Co-Chair and Commissioner for the Public Debate & Participation Working Group
- Louise Macdonald OBE FRSE, Co-Chair and Commissioner for the Public Debate & Participation Working Group
- Professor Niamh Nic Daéid FRSE, Chair and Commissioner for the Data, Evidence & Science Working Group
- Professor Sir Ian Boyd FRSE, Commissioner and Chair for the Building National Resilience Working Group
- Theresa Shearer, member of the Inclusive Public Service Working Group.
This event will be broadcast live from Black Light Studios and streamed via Zoom. There will be an opportunity for audience questions, but only the host and speakers will be visible. Live BSL interpretation will be provided.